Sort by recommendedSort
The Michael Costello Dress Buying Guide
Known for its modern gowns and long dresses, Michael Costello is an American brand that creates glamorous attire with a youthful approach. The label’s dresses are fashion-forward and playful, and are ideal for formal parties or events. Expect designs to be innovative, fresh and sexy. The high-leg slit is one of the designer’s iconic features, as is the low neckline and the figure-hugging silhouette. As well as formal gowns, this label also presents a collection of short mini dresses, midi dresses, cocktail dresses, and a contemporary wedding range. Ahead, see our Michael Costello dress buying guide for help on which style to choose and advice on sizing and garment care.
The Most Wanted Michael Costello Dresses
Michael Costello’s GownsMichael Costello gowns are a modern take on evening wear, a category that previously lacked the creativity and excitement to appeal to millennial crowds. High leg slits, sheer lace, deep-V necklines, backless designs and cut-out features are popular features in this collection. Fabrics range from soft and floaty to crushed velvet, shiny metallics and embellished, making them suitable for all seasons. The figure-hugging sheath silhouette is a favorite, while other shapes such as mermaid and A-line are explored too.
Michael Costello’s Mini DressesThe Michael Costello mini dress collection follows the same style principles as his iconic gowns, but offers a more laidback narrative for party girls and socialites. This range of wearable short dresses includes one shoulder dresses, strapless dresses, ruched mini dresses, lace mini dresses, off the shoulder dresses, sequin dresses, velvet dresses, and more. Cut to a classic mini length in the skirt, this collection sits close to the body while elongating the legs.
Michael Costello’s Cocktail DressesDesigned to bridge the gap between party and red carpet, Michael Costello’s cocktail dresses take you from Summer weddings and drinks on the yacht to champagne events. Cut to a contemporary mid calf length, these dresses are glam yet provide enough coverage for formal affairs. Choose from strappy midi dresses, deep-V midi dresses, backless midi dresses, long-sleeved dresses, asymmetric-hem dresses, embellished dresses, and more.
How To Care For Your Michael Costello Dress
- How To Care For Your Michael Costello Dress
- Michael Costello uses flattering fabrics that sit close to the skin, with the main composition being polyester, lurex, elastane or spandex. Due to the delicate nature of materials used, and also the intricate designs, most dresses from this label are dry clean or cold hand wash only. Please refer to the care label inside your garment for full washing instructions. To prevent discoloration, always store inside a closet away from direct light. For dresses that are prone to snagging, a garment bag is recommended for storage and travel.
- Where can I buy Michael Costello dresses?
- Michael Costello dresses are currently available exclusively through the Revolve website, as featured here on Lyst. Made-to-measure gowns and wedding dresses are also available to buy from Michael Costello’s own website.
- Are Michael Costello gowns suitable for petite or short women?
- The Michael Costello gowns and long dresses collection runs approximately from 150cm to 160cm in length (measured from shoulder to seam). For shorter women, these dresses may need to be taken up by a professional seamstress. It is also possible to get dresses made-to-measure for your exact height on the Michael Costello site.
- Are Michael Costello dresses ready-to-wear?
- The ready-to-wear range is available exclusively on Revolve. This collection is titled ‘Michael Costello x Revolve’ and it’s a unique collaboration that cannot be purchased anywhere else. For a made-to-measure service, visit the Michael Costello website.