Established in 1948, Puma is one of the world's leading sportswear brands, designing and manufacturing high-quality apparel, footwear and accessories in over 120 countries. Based in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the company sponsors high-profile sports stars as well as engaging in exciting fashion collaborations with renowned brands like Alexander McQueen and Mihara Yasuhiro. Slick soccer boots, high-performance sprint shoes and classic, heritage suede are the hallmarks of Puma trainers. Imbued with 60 years of shoemaking expertise, these trainers are an essential wardrobe staple.
The PUMA Sneakers Buying Guide
Established in 1948, Puma is one of the world's leading sportswear brands, designing and manufacturing high-quality apparel, footwear and accessories in over 120 countries. Based in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the company sponsors high-profile sports stars as well as engaging in exciting fashion collaborations with renowned brands like Alexander McQueen and Mihara Yasuhiro. Slick soccer boots, high-performance sprint shoes and classic, heritage suede are the hallmarks of Puma sneakers. Imbued with 60 years of shoemaking expertise, these sneakers are an essential closet staple.
Breaking records when it comes to crafting functional sportswear, the PUMA brand has been paving the way for sports and culture for over 70 years, and it’s just getting started. Born in Germany in the 1940s, PUMA’s collection of distinct investment pieces are must-haves for any sport or fashion, aficionados out there today. Its original suede sneaker has stood the test of time and features the label’s signature curved panel at the side, which is recognized around the world. Choose from PUMA men’s core sneakers in a range of different colors, or go for something a little different with the PUMA’s Ride-On sneakers, which will amp up any sports luxe look. Ahead, take a look at our men’s PUMA sneakers buying guide, which will help you narrow down the styles and shapes that work best for you and the size you should go for.
The Most Wanted PUMA Sneakers
PUMA Suede Classic Sneakers
Combining both versatility and style, PUMA’s Classic Suede sneakers boast a low-top silhouette and simple, all-over construction. With the label’s logo design at the side and on the tongue, these sneakers are an iconic addition to your wardrobe. Opt for signature black suede, or go add some brightness with a pair of red suede PUMA sneakers.
PUMA Clyde Core Sneakers
Named after iconic 1970s basketball player Walt “Clyde” Frazier, the PUMA Clyde Core sneakers are a reimagining of the custom-made pair the sportsman wore during games. With their light configuration and stamped logo at the side, this range of leather sneakers is known for its fresh appeal and sporty qualities. Wear on the court, or just casually with jeans.
PUMA Style Rider Ride-On Sneakers
With an embroidered logo at the front and iconic colour-block design, PUMA’s Style Rider Ride-On sneakers are a colorful introduction to the chunky sneaker trend. Although not super chunky, these sneakers do have a more elevated sole than the label’s classic sneakers - they even feature colour-contrast laces too for extra style points.
The PUMA Sneakers Sizing Guide
Wondering what size to opt for when selecting your PUMA men’s sneakers? The brand uses US sizing, and you can find corresponding UK sizes in the chart below. Known to fit true to size, PUMA’s collection of men’s sneakers are designed for a good, comfortable fit and we would recommend selecting your usual shoe size when purchasing your suede or leather PUMA men’s sneakers.
If you want to measure your feet at home, we’d recommend waiting until the end of the day for the most accurate result.
How To Care For Your PUMA Sneakers
Want to keep your PUMA men’s sneakers looking better for longer? To care for your PUMA sneakers, you need to ensure you’re following the correct guidelines based on the fabrication of your sneakers as recommended caring tips may differ depending on whether the sneakers are suede, leather or contain other materials.
To help your PUMA men’s sneakers retain their original look, we’d recommend you take the following steps:
1. Clean and dry your PUMA sneakers as soon as they get wet and dirty to avoid any long term damage.
2. If you have suede PUMA sneakers, please be careful as suede is one of the most delicate footwear fabrics. Err on the side of caution and treat your suede sneakers to a specialist suede treatment spray as soon as you get them. Please note: suede doesn’t respond well to water and can mark on wet and rainy days.
3. We do not recommend washing your PUMA men’s sneakers in the washing machine, as this can damage all the design elements of the sneaker. Especially if you have coloured sneakers.
4. Use a specialist cleaner and brush to keep your PUMA sneakers looking better for longer.
5. If your PUMA sneakers are made from leather/nubuck, we would recommend you clean using a damp cloth and mild detergent, or specialist leather cleaner and dry at room temperature.
6. For leather sneakers, we’d also recommend not putting in the washing machine, however, if you wish to do so please do with caution and check the settings on your washing machine.
7. To ensure your leather sneakers don’t lose shape, stuff your shoes with a paper towel.
8. If you have PUMA canvas sneakers, brush off any excess dirt by banging the soles together. You can also use a mild detergent and old toothbrush to help remove excess dirt. To keep shape, stuff with a paper towel.
- Can you wear PUMA sneakers for sport?
Of course, there are definitely a few pairs of PUMA sneakers you can wear to play sport. For instance, the ‘Clyde’ style is based upon a pair of custom-made basketball shoes.
- Do PUMA sneakers last a long time?
Yes, if you follow the care instructions listed above your PUMA sneakers should stand the test of time. When not wearing your PUMA sneakers, leave in a cool, dry place at room temperature.
- Do PUMA sneakers fit true to size?
Yes, sneakers do fit true to size, so we would recommend getting your normal shoe size when purchasing men’s PUMA sneakers.