European running brand Karhu takes its name from the Finnish word for 'bear'. This unstoppable character is reflected throughout collections of men's Karhu trainers, showing strong appreciation towards quality, material choice and the function of designs. Retro-inspired shapes and aesthetics play a prominent role, delivering a statement that easily transcends the everyday. Add to this a high level of innovation as standard, and it's no wonder men's Karhu trainers are worn by both athletes and shoe savants.
The Karhu Sneakers Buying Guide
The Karhu brand is a world-renowned name, a Finnish institution that fuses together unstoppable character with retro-inspired silhouettes. The men’s Karhu sneakers range features premium quality materials for styles that last, while adding refinement and sophistication to any man’s wardrobe. Famed for its specialized air-cushioned sneakers, Karhu has been crafting inimitable sneakers for over a century. The Finnish philosophies of simplicity and purity are at the brand’s core, with a rich history that links Karhu to the Scandinavian outdoors. Karhu sneakers have even been worn by the likes of Olympic medalists and Boston Marathon champions. For help finding the right pair of sneakers from the Karhu collection and your best fit, see our buying guide below.
The Most Wanted Karhu Sneaker Styles
Karhu Synchron Sneakers
Give your off-duty ensembles a touch of old-school chic with Karhu Synchron sneakers. Crafted with a suede and mesh upper, lace-up front, cushioned EVA midsole and rubber outsole, these 90s-inspired sneakers are comfy and cool in equal measure. Choose from a multitude of colors and revamp your wardrobe instantly.
Karhu Aria Sneakers
Jump on the ‘90s sportswear bandwagon with the Karhu Aria sneakers. Manufactured
from the finest suede with mesh overlays and a neoprene sockliner, these low-tops boast
Fulcrum technology and rubber speckled midsoles for optimum grip and comfort. Pick
from a whole host of colors. Your sneaker collection wouldn’t be complete without a pair
of Karhu Aria sneakers.
Karhu Fusion 2.0 Sneakers
The Karhu Fusion 2.0 sneakers give a nod towards the ‘90s but with a totally fresh spin. Featuring a knit, suede and neoprene upper for maximum breathability, these low tops provide all-day comfort courtesy of the cushioned midsoles and padded collars. Embellished with the Finnish brand’s iconic labeling, Karhu Fusion 2.0 sneakers will quickly become your favorite pair.
The Karhu Sizing Guide
Unsure of what size you are in Karhu sneakers? The brand’s footwear generally fits true to size, or maybe a little bigger.
Use the below size conversion chart to match men’s UK, US and EU sizing to Karhu’s sizes. For example, if you usually wear a UK 9 or a US 10, then you will need a 28cm sneaker.
How to Care for Your Karhu Sneakers
You can keep your Karhu sneakers in optimum condition for longer by maintaining them properly, including cleaning them appropriately.
Follow the below simple steps:
• Apply a sneaker protector as soon as you unbox them. The spray forms an invisible layer that safeguards them from liquids, dirt and marks. Look out for one that repels liquids and is safe for your sneakers’ material.
• Store your sneakers in a shoe bag or box. This will keep them protected from microscopic dust and dirt floating around. Materials like knit, suede and mesh can collect dust particles, which ultimately affect the overall look of your sneakers.
• Use a water-based cleaner rather than one containing chemicals, as they’re safer for use on any material such as mesh and leather. Apply with lukewarm water to remove stains.
• Alternatively, apply a little baking soda, toothpaste, lukewarm water and a toothbrush.
• Use a medium bristle shoe brush or an old toothbrush and rub gently with soft, swift strokes.
• Be consistent about deep cleaning your sneakers so dirt and stains don’t build up. If you wear your sneakers a few times a week, give them a deep clean every couple of weeks.
- Do Karhu sneakers run true to size?
Finnish sizes may run a bit bigger than traditional American sizes. But Karhu sneakers generally true to size. Take a look at the size chart above to find the size that fits comfortably.
- Where are Karhu sneakers made?
All items labeled as Karhu Fitness Equipment are manufactured by Truebell Finland Oy, situated in Vantaa, Finland.
- What makes Karhu different from other running shoes?
The real standout feature of Karhu sneakers is the fulcrum technology. This enables you to move forward more proficiently. According to research, runners bounce up and down half an inch less per step in Karhu sneakers than in any other running shoes.